This RENT AGREEMENT is made and executed at New Delhi on this ____/____/______
____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________ (hereinafter referred to as LANDLORD)
____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________ (hereinafter referred to as TENANT).
The expression of the LANDLORD and the TENANT shall mean and include their legal heirs, successors, executors, administrators, representatives, assigns and nominees etc.
WHEREAS the LANDLORD is the sole and complete owner of _____________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________
WHEREAS on the request of the TENANT, the LANDLORD has agreed to let out the said property and the TENANT has also agreed to take the same on monthly rent of Rs.__________/-(Rupees _______________________________________________ ONLY) on the following agreed terms and conditions of this agreement as under:-
1. That the TENANT has taken the said premises only for lawful residential/commercial purpose and not for any other purpose.
2. That the tenancy shall commence from ____/____/_____ for a period of ____months only. However the said tenancy period can be extended further with the mutual consent of both the parties by 10% increase in the said monthly rent with a fresh/new Rent Agreement.
3. That the LANDLORD can inspect the said premises at any reasonable time in the presence of the TENANT and the TENANT shall have no objection for the same in future.
4. That the TENANT shall pay the said monthly rent in advance up to ____ day of each English Calendar month.
5. That the TENANT shall pay society/R.W.A. maintenance, water and electric charges of the said premises besides the aforesaid monthly rent.
6. That the TENANT shall not store or stock any objectionable items, hazardous, inflammable and offensive articles etc. in the said tenanted premises.
7. That the TENANT shall not sub-let the said premises or any portion thereof to any body else.
8. That the TENANT shall not damage the said premises or any portion thereof and he shall keep the said premises quite neat and clean in all respect.
9. That the TENANT shall not make any additions or alterations in the said premises without written consent of the LANDLORD.
10. That if the TENANT want to vacate the said premises before the expiry of tenancy period, then he shall serve one month's prior notice to the LANDLORD and similarly if the LANDLORD under unacceptable, unpleasant terms and conditions or circumstances, he wants to vacate the said premises from the TENANT, then he shall also serve one month's prior notice to the TENANT.
11. That the TENANT shall abide by all the rules and regulations of DDA, MCD, BSES Rajdhani Power Limited, DJB, Delhi Administration or any other authority etc.
12. That the minor repairs such as leakages to water taps, electric fuses etc., shall be carried out by the TENANT and all the major repairs such as bursting of pipes, cracking the walls etc. shall be carried out by the LANDLORD.
13. That the TENANT has paid a security amount of Rs.__________/-(Rupees _________ __________________________________________________ONLY) to the LANDLORD which shall be refunded without any interest by the LANDLORD to the TENANT at the time of vacating the said property after deducting all the pending dues and demands if any.
14. That the TENANT has also paid one month’s advance rent to the LANDLORD at the time of signing of this rent agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the LANDLORD and the TENANT executed this agreement, in the presence of the following witnesses:-